Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Games & More View previous topic
View next topic
Modern Warfare 2
d3im0s
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
SauBaer wrote:

Well after a few rounds I can say I dont feel the "real difference" to cod4. Its slower and has a ton of gadgets.

slower??...are we talking about the same game?

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:09 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Spliffy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Bionic Commando wrote:
be in TS
Wink

Played with blue and Cold yesterday.
Now that I know the game better, there is actually few nice things in it also...
But there is also tons of things to fix (more than in TCE).

1. Cheaters (you never saw this much wallhackers even in tce, non-existent protection in this game,
impossible to kick them out, just quit yourself if you don't want to be shooted through walls)

2. No lean

3. All the music and text that isn't removeable (just make one kill and the screen is full of scores and flashing lights,
feels like I'm inside a disco for a while)

4. Perks (I hate these, more experienced players get more damage, accuracy, speed, chance to shoot after they are dead, everything. These suck big time.
Probably the thing that annoys me most)

Nice review bio. I think you have found your calling as a game editor no?

I'll stick to TCE and bomberman

5. Map design (Most of the maps suck, no chokepoints at all. Maps are like in America's Army, every map is the same, but with different textures.
No doors to open, no interaction.)

6. No dedicated servers (well, when cod7 is out (in few months?) they will close this game, and thats it. Clanwars are hard to make fair (no reset option, no nothing. tournaments arent coming ever, impossible, how you change map? voting again and again? all the randomness)

7. Console-gaming feel (no console, simple mechanics, you have to play much to open better gamemodes (hardcore, objective...))

8. "Friendly arrows" (see the name tags of your friends on top of 'em.... sucks)

9. Almost non-existent teamplay (this game needs mapmarkers or something, communication through game is almost useless, everyone are for themselves)

10. Big guns (grenade launchers, helicopters, airstrikes... just hope that you can be invisible in radar, or get killed by the missile. Sure this thing gives you the illusion of bigger war, but in bomb-mode only maximum of 12 players are in, it feels stupid that suddenly there is somekind of apache helicopter shooting everywhere, 6 vs 6, wtf, maximum of six versus six)

11. Controls (the mouse has tons of smoothing, even when the mouse smoothing is off)

12. Hitboxes (really? I know TCE has terrible hitboxes, but come on. I shoot something like half meter past the guy who is behind counter of somekind and I make perfect hits (even with my terrible noob aiming). The guys have twice as big hitboxes than they should be. Blood flies from middle air)

Overall an ok game, nothing special in any area. Good arcadish fun, I see this and urban terror to be much alike. Don't know which one is better. Sure this game has better graphics, but I really don't care those (and even some things in this game looks like crap). Game that can be enjoyable on consoles, playing with those controllers, on PC? Don't think so. The game isn't bad, no. I can see that many can enjoy it, but for my taste it isn't worth many euros/pounds/dollars what ever.

Very Happy

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
d3im0s wrote:
SauBaer wrote:

Well after a few rounds I can say I dont feel the "real difference" to cod4. Its slower and has a ton of gadgets.

slower??...are we talking about the same game?

yes, i guess saubär does not know what he plays Smile cod 6 is more faster than cod 4 and more better if you gibe it a try. but there will always be people for cod and people for bf. and i am the guy who like the gameplay and graphic on cod.

:p Wink and i guess it is more better when there is no console ... there is lower chance to cheater with some scriptshit. and in a game like cod you dont need fucking leaning etc. i think IT IS THE GAME would they have had dedicated servers...

and bio... YOU CAN BE INVISIBLE .. radar dont catch you if you choose it on your perk. AND IF YOU PLAY HARDCORE the game is how you would like it. NO RADAR - only online if one calls it, and this does not happen often - and nothing else on screen than your weapon, your mates and enemies Wink

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic

Last edited by KillaMasta on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Eazy

Post Reply with quote
MW2 is full of noobs, GL and more.
I cant stand it.

Go play promod CoD4 Razz

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
Eazy wrote:
MW2 is full of noobs, GL and more.
I cant stand it.

Go play promod CoD4 Razz

promod? XD thats just for noobs... Smile go play HARDCORE YOU VENOM Evil or Very Mad

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
MW2 is full of cheaters.
There are those assholes on every server.
Kinda takes the fun out...
one of the biggest reasons that I probably don't buy the game.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
All right, I finally managed to join a server and play the game. Thank you very much, Killermaster for telling us about this test-period.
I didn't - of course - get the point of what the objective could be. So I ignored the guy that permanently told me, that the cargo is ready for transport or something of that kind. I chose a game where I could kill everything that moves and I took the weapon that was given to me.
I think I could learn how to chose proper equipment and play the game right. I first thought that the game would be far more complicated. But it was ok.
The maps are as they are usually in modern games: Packed with boxes and debris so there are maaaaaany places to hide. I personally like it better when there is less stuff, but it was ok.
But overall I have to say that it seems to be quite a nice game. A bit unpersonal, maybe so I don't think it can be love. Clanservers would have been really nice. But you probably have to play it in a group with your fellow clanmates on ts to fully appreciate it.

Finally online: TriffiD's Astronomy Page
Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
TriffiD wrote:
All right, I finally managed to join a server and play the game. Thank you very much, Killermaster for telling us about this test-period.
I didn't - of course - get the point of what the objective could be. So I ignored the guy that permanently told me, that the cargo is ready for transport or something of that kind. I chose a game where I could kill everything that moves and I took the weapon that was given to me.
I think I could learn how to chose proper equipment and play the game right. I first thought that the game would be far more complicated. But it was ok.
The maps are as they are usually in modern games: Packed with boxes and debris so there are maaaaaany places to hide. I personally like it better when there is less stuff, but it was ok.
But overall I have to say that it seems to be quite a nice game. A bit unpersonal, maybe so I don't think it can be love. Clanservers would have been really nice. But you probably have to play it in a group with your fellow clanmates on ts to fully appreciate it.

GOD IS TALKING XD Laughing so you go and buy the game? (: but nice to hear a positive thing about the game you've testet.

and to bioooo... ^^

Bionic Commando wrote:
MW2 is full of cheaters.

what about urbanerror? Very Happy

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
KillaMasta wrote:
TriffiD wrote:

GOD IS TALKING XD Laughing so you go and buy the game? (: but nice to hear a positive thing about the game you've testet.

and to bioooo... ^^

Bionic Commando wrote:
MW2 is full of cheaters.

what about urbanerror? Very Happy

I dont play Turban Error.
Very Happy

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
d3im0s
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
cmon bio...it's only 20 bucks...and I know you had alot of fun...there are alot of cheaters everywhere so this is truly no reason...
if there were dedicated servers mw2 would be THE new gonzo game...I'm sure of that...

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote
so why not cod4?
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I don't know. Maybe if Amazon offers it for under 20 € again, I might get it. Gameplay and overall perfonrmance was ok, but the cheaters were annoying and there is nothing you can do against them. In addition to that: although I first did not understand why everyone was muttering about "no dedicated servers" I finally got the point. No custom maps, no clanstuff or control over all the little Heils and Hitlers joining the servers....
MW2 will probably die pretty quick.
I actually prefer Urban Terror and even plain old ET to this game, but since I have to play alone there, I might get it just to have more company.

Finally online: TriffiD's Astronomy Page
Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
SauBaer wrote:
so why not cod4?

test it. no same gameplay; cod6 is like battlefield with harriers and missles etc.
AND it is faster than cod4 and the game is more datailed and structed.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
TriffiD wrote:
I don't know. Maybe if Amazon offers it for under 20 € again, I might get it. Gameplay and overall perfonrmance was ok, but the cheaters were annoying and there is nothing you can do against them. In addition to that: although I first did not understand why everyone was muttering about "no dedicated servers" I finally got the point. No custom maps, no clanstuff or control over all the little Heils and Hitlers joining the servers....
MW2 will probably die pretty quick.
I actually prefer Urban Terror and even plain old ET to this game, but since I have to play alone there, I might get it just to have more company.

I can be your ET and UrT buddy
Very Happy

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rudi

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
cmon bio...it's only 20 bucks

http://www.world-of-video.de/index.php?no_cache=1&tx_shopengine_pi1%5Bbranch_id%5D=&tx_shopengine_pi1%5Blookfor%5D=call+of+duty&id=107.

14,99 Euro . Order in a world of video library in your near you have no shipping costs. Ask Deimos I mean his game from there.
Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Games & More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: