RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Medal of Honor 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Games & More View previous topic
View next topic
Medal of Honor 4
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote
they currently have issues with the master and user account servers...
so people cant log on or get dropped or cannot join or select servers

its understandable, its the first day... but seriously, it seems to me that maybe EA is not that long in business to handle simple user account servers...? Rolling Eyes
Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
matchmaking works for me, first impression is pretty good compared to the first beta.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
Matchmaking and Server-Browser working as well. Bluey and me played the game about 2 and a half hour and I have to say that this game rocks. It is really cool, at the beginning it was not even, could be that players were new on server or something like that. After some rounds there and some rounds on another server it was more or less even and so it was funny to play.

I've also to say that this game is like a mix of BF, CoD and a bit "TC:E", no, really!! The wepon and its centured style really looks like old days - just with better graphic-engine, which you also can compare with BF's one.

And the sound.... listen when giving the game a try (it's still open beta ^^!!!); POWERFUL NICE SOUNDS, MY FRIENDS!!

Last but not least I've to say that MoH has a feature like "streaks", but it is not like in CoD where you camp and try to get your Chopper and Care Package. You get some of them when killing of course but it blinks right and left, left and right, you've also to press Key 6 to get an "UAV" or a "Mortar Strike".

You have to try this game, could be better than CoD, it's not an "just killing" with some objective game, or not a more or less tactical game like BF it's mixture of tactic and kill... Enough, there are so many features, try it and give yourself your own opinion. You really cannot tell your own opinion when you have to be neutral... so please try it, it's not costing money. It could be our new game (every new game is our game XD)!

Hehe, hayde Very Happy Exclamation

And I wanted to play more but have to go to bed now Sad And next days I've to learn for a class test, NOOB! I BUY THIS GAME Very Happy DO IT ALSO Arrow Arrow Wink Question Question (When not?? I'll be the army with Bluey)

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic

Last edited by KillaMasta on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
ok, played a couple of rounds and i'm pretty surprised. the overall feel of the game has improved a lot compared to the first beta. movement could be described as something beteween tce and cod, i really like it. killing is not as easy as in mw2 but easier than in bfbc2 for example. there are some "killstreaks" but they are not that dominant in comparision to mw2, which makes the game less chaotic. the look is kind of grey-ish and the player models blend in nicely with the environment which makes spotting enemies a bit of a challenge. the gameplay is very straight forward on those "push" maps and ofc more random on deathmatch or capture and hold.

it sure got many elements from other games, but to me they did pretty much everything right and created a good lookin game which is really fun to play. oh, and yeah: the sound bombs. it creates a very intense atmosphere. so check out the beta while its available!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
And yes, it's much funnier than CoD at the moment Laughing Not as much cheater as in Cock of Dunga

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
-no prone
-no leaning
-no diagonal sprinting
-ironsight/reddot/zoom while jumping
-non-realistic damage model, worse than MW1/2 without hardcore mode
-bland maps
-too much bloom

true?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote
My first impression after 2 hours:

Pros:
- Simple and fun action gameplay, almost no gadget/killstreak bullshit, no recoil, no different weapons
- Quick and easy, click matchmake, join raindom server, point and shoot, kill, have fun (as long as it works)
- Decent graphics, favored by many people
- Good movement, way better than BC2... really reminds me of TCE

Cons:
- Too simple, too repetetive but surprisingly no annoying components (for now)
- Again, I still have problems with my game accounts and I personally hate this matchmaking which can result into 30mins until 4 ppl are on 1 server and playing
- The flashing of the grenade launcher, the smoke, flying clutter, senseless effects fireworks
- The domination map has no structure, too many objects, and is too small for that many players (lets me expect that other maps are also thrown together like a kebap)
- Again a console port, narrow FOV, mouse smoothing and 4 button-1 joystick controls
- No depth whatsoever, all guns pretty much the same, the addons are a MW series copy, not even player customization
- Punkbuster "protection"... will cause problems for players as always and doesnt protect from cheaters/hackers
- Idiotic spawns and almost no respawn time (sometimes: kill, die, respawn, be spawnkilled, kill, die, respawn...)

Yeah, a pretty action loaded game, quick log in, shoot some guys and get out. Like it that way. But I wont buy this by no means. I´m considering call of duty 7 pretty much, because you simply have to get used to this new-style games, and it seems that it has all MoH elements and a bit more. Maybe I would pay max 10€ for this one and play it when I´ve nothing to do better, but 50€ (and 70€ for PS3 btw... Shocked) is simply not explainable. They have voices from BC2, some clutter/objects/player models from BC2, the game mechanics and most of the gameplay is MW2, the maps probably took a week to do them all and I dont see any spectacular design/artwork or special game elements/gamemodes that would result in that price.

So yes, call me a dick that cant spend some money and wants the perfect game right from the shelf... my 2 cents about this game.
Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
When I joined, the server were full.
There are of course good players where you think they cheat.
Maps are not too small, you just play too much BF!!
The graphic is like BF - it's from DICE Wink
And the special graphic details when you shoot, I also like it, on this kind of maps it's a good hint to know where from this shot could come from.

Every game is different of course and that's special; CoD's old develop-team worked for MoH before, they copied the game to CoD. Why should not they do the same, a bit from a nice sold CoD?

And Bio; Please play TC:E for the next 10 years Laughing

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Games & More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: