I was about to say: great graphics! Laughing

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:06 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
downloading now.
Cool

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Bionic Commando wrote:
downloading now.
Cool

omg. is it really true? bio is downloading an other game than tce? Shocked Laughing

hope it will run fine. Wink

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
Blueberry wrote:
Bionic Commando wrote:
downloading now.
Cool

omg. is it really true? bio is downloading an other game than tce? Shocked Laughing

hope it will run fine. Wink

Well, I have computer good enough to run it.... I think.
Lets drink and have a download parties tonight at TS maybe?
Cool

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
yeah, i guess i'll be in around midnight.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote
got it finally (great download size 11,5 GB... -.-)

Well after a few rounds I can say I dont feel the "real difference" to cod4. Its slower and has a ton of gadgets. It has no servers, I got mixed up with some spamming and whining 10 year olds, Im getting lagspikes somehow (on T 2.5), I cant f´ing even change FOV to 85 like in cod4 or anything like in bc2 (getting motion sickness after 10 minutes), there is no console (no snaps no gamma, no anything) and no namechange (only per steam), and yes... steam... updating, shitting, fucking, this thing eats network resources constantly and connecting somewhere I cant even stop per firewall (steam just stops working) and well I dont want to rant over steam...

And gameplay, I actually prefer it over Cod4, and its quite nice, I can imagine in a team its awesome... But alone...
Got n00btubed as in bc2, got campersniped like in bc2, commando-knifed after 30 bullets into his face almost like in bc2, and secondary-pumped after the guy missed a clip on me... Random spawns behind me, maps are still to small and edgy, not much logic behind them and some weapons just seem to be doing nothing.

So really nothing I haven´t already seen at Korni´s place, and nothing that really changes my mind about this game.
(Maybe I´m just not getting this "wave" of new modern console ported games but yes, just wanted to post my "revised" opinion)
Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
Downloaded, installed.
Doesn't work.
This is the end of my steam career.
Back to TC:E.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
awww man... Crying or Very sad

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
SauBaer wrote:
got it finally (great download size 11,5 GB... -.-)

Well after a few rounds I can say I dont feel the "real difference" to cod4. Its slower and has a ton of gadgets. It has no servers, I got mixed up with some spamming and whining 10 year olds, Im getting lagspikes somehow (on T 2.5), I cant f´ing even change FOV to 85 like in cod4 or anything like in bc2 (getting motion sickness after 10 minutes), there is no console (no snaps no gamma, no anything) and no namechange (only per steam), and yes... steam... updating, shitting, fucking, this thing eats network resources constantly and connecting somewhere I cant even stop per firewall (steam just stops working) and well I dont want to rant over steam...

And gameplay, I actually prefer it over Cod4, and its quite nice, I can imagine in a team its awesome... But alone...
Got n00btubed as in bc2, got campersniped like in bc2, commando-knifed after 30 bullets into his face almost like in bc2, and secondary-pumped after the guy missed a clip on me... Random spawns behind me, maps are still to small and edgy, not much logic behind them and some weapons just seem to be doing nothing.

So really nothing I haven´t already seen at Korni´s place, and nothing that really changes my mind about this game.
(Maybe I´m just not getting this "wave" of new modern console ported games but yes, just wanted to post my "revised" opinion)

yeah, matchmaking is sucky. but i think you haven't really experienced the full gameplay of it yet. mabye give it another try together with a few more people. maybe now? Laughing ill be on in a minute.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:00 am View user's profile Send private message
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote
my mike/soundcard/shit died on me 30 minutes ago... And anyways I cant add friends and/or invite ppl to the game so I dont know how we would be playing together. Sad
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:32 am View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
Actually deleted the whole shit, and after new install it works.
Some files were probably corrupted or something.
Played like 30 minutes...
I don't get this game.
Might be the limited version? Dunno, but the level design is terrible.
People are waiting around corners their aim up proned, and you just can jump around and shoot 'em.

Whats up with all the EMP and harrier shit?
I hate the missiles also, and the "matrix slowdown effects"?
I made something like 4 kills in a row fast and the game went nuts,
my controls stopped almost working and the screen was full of text.
Cool

This free version doesn't give you much options, but tried to put everything to max.
The game still doesn't look that good, the details worked only from very close distance. Stuff is disappearing/reappearing (useless stuff, but still).

Can you disable all the freaking text somehow? I don't want to see any reward, points or killingstreakshit on my screen?

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bonzo

Post Reply with quote
Bio has more than likely downloaded it to his fridge or sandwich toaster.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:36 am View user's profile Send private message
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
No servers available, every time I tried. I'll try again tonight.

Finally online: TriffiD's Astronomy Page
Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
be in TS
Wink

Played with blue and Cold yesterday.
Now that I know the game better, there is actually few nice things in it also...
But there is also tons of things to fix (more than in TCE).

1. Cheaters (you never saw this much wallhackers even in tce, non-existent protection in this game,
impossible to kick them out, just quit yourself if you don't want to be shooted through walls)

2. No lean

3. All the music and text that isn't removeable (just make one kill and the screen is full of scores and flashing lights,
feels like I'm inside a disco for a while)

4. Perks (I hate these, more experienced players get more damage, accuracy, speed, chance to shoot after they are dead, everything. These suck big time.
Probably the thing that annoys me most)

5. Map design (Most of the maps suck, no chokepoints at all. Maps are like in America's Army, every map is the same, but with different textures.
No doors to open, no interaction.)

6. No dedicated servers (well, when cod7 is out (in few months?) they will close this game, and thats it. Clanwars are hard to make fair (no reset option, no nothing. tournaments arent coming ever, impossible, how you change map? voting again and again? all the randomness)

7. Console-gaming feel (no console, simple mechanics, you have to play much to open better gamemodes (hardcore, objective...))

8. "Friendly arrows" (see the name tags of your friends on top of 'em.... sucks)

9. Almost non-existent teamplay (this game needs mapmarkers or something, communication through game is almost useless, everyone are for themselves)

10. Big guns (grenade launchers, helicopters, airstrikes... just hope that you can be invisible in radar, or get killed by the missile. Sure this thing gives you the illusion of bigger war, but in bomb-mode only maximum of 12 players are in, it feels stupid that suddenly there is somekind of apache helicopter shooting everywhere, 6 vs 6, wtf, maximum of six versus six)

11. Controls (the mouse has tons of smoothing, even when the mouse smoothing is off)

12. Hitboxes (really? I know TCE has terrible hitboxes, but come on. I shoot something like half meter past the guy who is behind counter of somekind and I make perfect hits (even with my terrible noob aiming). The guys have twice as big hitboxes than they should be. Blood flies from middle air)

Overall an ok game, nothing special in any area. Good arcadish fun, I see this and urban terror to be much alike. Don't know which one is better. Sure this game has better graphics, but I really don't care those (and even some things in this game looks like crap). Game that can be enjoyable on consoles, playing with those controllers, on PC? Don't think so. The game isn't bad, no. I can see that many can enjoy it, but for my taste it isn't worth many euros/pounds/dollars what ever.

Very Happy

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Games & More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: