teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Return of Coroner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Return of Coroner
Bionic Commando

Post Return of Coroner Reply with quote
Coroner made comaback.

Quote:
Hi all,

recently I started coding and modding a bit again in my sparetime. At the moment it is mainly an inhouse development of a TCE "mod" with the subtitle "Close Quarters Battle". Main goals are to fix what I don't like at current TCE anymore and to make it enjoyable for private LAN parties. Visual updates (similar to Cod4 without pixel shaders) are on the list, along with a complete revision of the weapon selection and gear system. Similar to Q3:TC, there will be slots and you can fill them with weapon addons (Aimpoint and supressors or Akimbo), grenades and perks/abilities to customize your character. AA will be gone. I also hope to reestablish CTF as a playable gametype.
Just as a sidenote, the unreleased content created by, e.g., Bruce and Liquid, is not lost, I have a backup of it and I am using it for the mod along with other high-quality weapon models from the CS(-CZ,-S) scene.

Anybody of the old team out there?

Cheers to everyone,

coroner

Rest of the story here:
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2064&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

LoK said that X-mas might come early this year.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MightyMoses

Post Reply with quote
Cool

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Brilliant.

Another quote from that thread:

d3im0s wrote:
Hi Coroner,

just a few thoughts about your posting that come into my mind:

First of all: You have driven this mod almost dead. There were no attempts to fix the large amount of endless buglists in order to make this mod a competetive and playable one (cue: rightleanbug, only to mention one of the bugs that spoiled the gameplay especially in tournaments), only promises.

After conclusively refusing to open source the mod in order to give the community the opportunity to finish the construction site you left you didn't even accept the help of many talented people that honestly wanted to support your work. With a whole load of empty promises you disappeared from the screen for years which is extremely disrespectful to such a faithful community.

And now (anno 2010) after years of silcence you return and hold out the prospect of continuing the work while telling us about other mods and projects you worked on and didn't finish? You know what? I can't take this...no wait...to be more precisely YOU serious and to be honest this is the purest cyniscm to me.

Right you are, d3imi!

Finally online: TriffiD's Astronomy Page
Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Spliffy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ooh!

Good style D3imos.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Splinx

Post Reply with quote
I think itz bad style.

I can t understand why he didn t gave the code away so ppl couldt fix the bugs.

On the other hand. he and his dudez made tce for free so itz their right to do whatever with it. Don t forget they gave us this funny game as a present. They didn t charged or forced us to play it. Callin him respectless is a joke;)

If i had spend month to code a free game and hear stuff like that from players I m pretty sure i d give a fuck about it;)

But in the end i don t care.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote
That guy is ridiculous...
Quote:
recently I started coding and modding a bit again in my sparetime. At the moment it is mainly an inhouse development of a TCE "mod" with the subtitle "Close Quarters Battle".

...Anybody of the old team out there? ...

lol, so what does he need old members for? For getting famous again?

Quote:
Main goals are to fix what I don't like at current TCE anymore

Dont care what he doesnt like about TCE anymore... Maybe he finally goes ask the community what they like? And I mean the core community, not some crazy noobs.

Quote:
and to make it enjoyable for private LAN parties.

Who plays TCE on LANs? Even my granny doesnt.

Quote:
Visual updates (similar to Cod4 without pixel shaders)
grenades and perks/abilities to customize your character.

Fuck the graphics, fuck COD style... Get the bugs fixed... Get the community fixed... IIRC its still True Combat Elite not Call Of Duty.

Quote:
Just as a sidenote, the unreleased content created by, e.g., Bruce and Liquid, is not lost, I have a backup of it and I am using it for the mod along with other high-quality weapon models from the CS(-CZ,-S) scene.

Still selfish as you were... Nice move....

He maybe made the game, but by creating something, you still get some responsibility under common sense. You cant start doing something and giving it away without caring about whom and what. Its like throwing waste to homeless.
Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Splinx

Post Reply with quote
I agree about his plans(weird crap, he rly shouldt think about sum bugfixes for tce instead). I agree itz stupid not to give the code for needed bugfixes.

But i still don t think we or "the community" has any right to be angry at him.

And to pick up your "picture":

Itz more like givin soup to homeless(we wouldn t play waste for years). Then he and his soup-development-team make this (dayly served) soup better for sum time. 1 day he decides to develop sum other soup. ok he shouldt have given others the opportunity to make it even better while he ain t there. But that doesn t give the homeless the right to spit at him and fuck arround cause the soup ain t that tasty when right-leaned Wink

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 am View user's profile Send private message
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
how many times have we heard about his big plans about improving tce with new features and stuff? i am pretty sure that he will disappear from the screen again very soon. i think splinx is right by saying he can do whatever he wants, cause it's his work. on the other hand i agree with deimos that his behaviour is absolutely fucked up. giving no explanations on anything, announcing another half-assed project that doesn't even exist yet... and probably he didn't even take notice of all those good 3rd party developers around (offering their work to HIM, after all that shit). i'm not putting my hopes into this anymore. i had fun times with tc:e but my passion for it is gone. if there should ever be another release, i will care about it when its done. haha... Evil or Very Mad

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:11 am View user's profile Send private message
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
If you release stuff that is used by other people you have a certain responsibility towards them. Payment or not. How much work did we put in our servers and the community?
This is not so much about the question whether coroner had the legal right to not giving a shit about the people who play his game. It is at least very impolite and shows a great lack of character to just leave everyone in the lurch. I think that is what d3im0s referred to.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
d3im0s
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Well maybe I didn't express myself clear enough, but yes this is exactly what I referred to.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:29 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
( >'.')>

Post Reply with quote
multifail

d3im0s wrote:
I like arnie's dick Laughing Laughing
Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
d3im0s
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I was so free and used your words 1:1 in the truecombat forum Triff because you completed my intention and just simply hit the nail on the head. sorry for infringing your copyrigth.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:06 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
Shitty trick from Coroner, but I still hope for new material to TCE.
cod and all that shit is going to be dead in few months anyways.
Cool

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rudi

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
I was so free and used your words 1:1 in the truecombat forum Triff because you completed my intention and just simply hit the nail on the head. sorry for infringing your copyrigth.

but only for short time. New name, and critical posts are deleted. Hope that is right cant find the old think was when comes 0.50....But look self.
Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
d3im0s wrote:

That's fine.

Hey, looks like there is a flamewar coming up. Laughing

And Bio: Don't be sad - there never will be anything released. At least nothing playable.

But I am very happy to announce that my new, extremely ugly keyboard is on its way. Unfortunately I will only be able to pick it up in about two weeks time - so after that it's Urban Terror time for me again.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: