teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
CQB TC:E mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite View previous topic
View next topic
CQB TC:E mod
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Haha - I imagine that could result in a game where simple movement becomes incredibly hard to control. Keeping upright will need you to press 4 buttons and to pull the trigger you need 2 more players. You can play the game when you are alone, but then you will have to move by rolling over the floor sideways and the only weapon you can control is a pencil sharpener.

Finally online: TriffiD's Astronomy Page
Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote

one team on tce 5vs5 ESL
Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Spliffy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
TriffiD wrote:
Haha - I imagine that could result in a game where simple movement becomes incredibly hard to control. Keeping upright will need you to press 4 buttons and to pull the trigger you need 2 more players. You can play the game when you are alone, but then you will have to move by rolling over the floor sideways and the only weapon you can control is a pencil sharpener.

Yes but that will require turning the pencil!

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
cD

Post Reply with quote
i ve uninstalled tc:e yesterday Rolling Eyes
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 am View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
cD wrote:
i ve uninstalled tc:e yesterday Rolling Eyes

You stupid, stupid man.
Evil or Very Mad

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:47 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cD

Post Reply with quote
it sux Sad
Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
( >'.')>

Post Reply with quote
cD wrote:
it sux Sad

rofl you just cant play it anymore naaber

d3im0s wrote:
I like arnie's dick Laughing Laughing
Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
New update from Coroner.

Quote:
Time to report again. There was some slow but steady progress with CQB during the last weeks. As indicated in my last blog entry, I did some final touches to the internal weapon handling. There are now plenty of free slots for future weapon addons and I will not have to recode the whole system later on. Along with these changes there was also some tweaking of the gear, attachment, and ability system. As before, there are primary, secondary, and grenade slots, in addition to the new primary attachment slot, a combat ability slot and a physical ability slot. The primary attachment slot has the options extra mags, high-grade ammo, and muzzle attachment (suppressor or choke disperser for shotguns). These attachments will be dropped and picked up with the primary weapon. The combat and physical abilities stay as planned and will be finished in the next week.

I did some tweaking in the sidearm section where the Beretta 93R (+Akimbo) was replaced against a regular Beretta 92 (+Akimbo) and instead the Glock 18 is now available for spending one credit point for a sidearm. The Akimbo 93R was just spraying too many bullets at a combined fire rate of 2400 RPM.

My plan is to play a first version of CQB at a private LAN party we have at the end of the year. I order to be able to play, I will have to finish the integration of the abilities and will then have to work on the test map. Sounds doable for some x-mas holiday spare time. This will be a one map version then and I hope that I can aim for an initial public release afterward.

I wish everybody a happy x-mas and new year and be patient with CQB Smile

Seems that we might get somekind of release soonish.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
tce sucks

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
recent update from coroner:

Code:
Well, unfortunately I didn't get around to finish a first version of CQB for the x-mas holiday LAN party. Nevertheless, the LAN party was massive fun, mainly Cod4, Cod5 Zombies, and UT3.
I managed to finish the ability system but I was not able to work on the map. So, pretty much the mapping and the final packaging are left. I will try continuous integration of the missing map features and will stop the earliest possible moment. For the packaging I will opt for a release independent of TCE pak files. This means some more work but it will reduce the mess with different alpha and beta and game versions. I will also include the map source and everything required for map compile (tweaked q3map2) including all models and the appropriate batch for QCB map compile.
After the LAN party, I got side tracked a bit and played around with a cel shaded (toon) version of QCB with actually fantastic visual results. The aged edgy player models and anims as well as the missing pixel shaders somehow cry out for toonish visuals when compared to up-to-date engines and make the whole combo really look like it was exactly meant to be like this. I might develop this into a minimod (please spare rants and raves), but currently only use the altered HDR effect and the possibility for color toned post processing which can be used to alter the color style and thus the atmosphere of a map (like used in UT3, MW2, and Cod5, ...)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
Laughing You can still wait some other years Laughing

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
d3im0s
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Coroner wrote:
Nevertheless, the LAN party was massive fun, mainly Cod4, Cod5 Zombies, and UT3.

Haha, he plays CoD and UT, seems like he and his friends are not quite convinced of his own product Laughing

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
d3im0s wrote:
Coroner wrote:
Nevertheless, the LAN party was massive fun, mainly Cod4, Cod5 Zombies, and UT3.

Haha, he plays CoD and UT, seems like he and his friends are not quite convinced of his own product Laughing
f1

Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: