TC:CQB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Games & More View previous topic
View next topic
TC:CQB
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Very good changes - all of them. If I want speed, I play Urban Terror, but acceleration was bad and changing the fov is also a good idea. Nice.
Hopefully there will be two or three maps, soon. The testmap is ok for testing, but not for fun. Can people theoretically already make custom maps?

Finally online: TriffiD's Astronomy Page
Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Spliffy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
So the first cheaters have started to arrive....already!

Drum roll pls:

Name: Baiser

This guy joined the server and within a couple of minutes he was up to 17-1 ratio so I spectated him. Sure enough he knew where every enemy was, spun round on a 180 in millieconds and one shot killed everything he aimed at. He knew I was watching him cos he suddenly started killing himself all the time. Then he tried to kick me but only found the mute option so voted on that (I hadn't said anything all game other than Hi when I arrived). Then he played a little before stopping mid battle as if he was typing something and then black screen...."terrorist spetator mode blocked".

It didn't take long and this is only the test mode for goodness sake!

Pff

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
Spliffy wrote:

Drum roll pls:

This guy joined the server and within a couple of minutes he was up to 17-1 ratio so I spectated him. Sure enough he knew where every enemy was, spun round on a 180 in millieconds and one shot killed everything he aimed at. He knew I was watching him cos he suddenly started killing himself all the time. Then he tried to kick me but only found the mute option so voted on that (I hadn't said anything all game other than Hi when I arrived). Then he played a little before stopping mid battle as if he was typing something and then black screen...."terrorist spetator mode blocked".

Pff

Takes demos and note the server. Lets try to get some admins to join there.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:24 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
merlin1991

Post Reply with quote
Spliffy wrote:

Drum roll pls:

Pff

if you try to play on the C22 server you can just spam me on steam if someone cheats (it's my server, so kick-bans for bad guys there Very Happy) also, if I'm not around, demo him contact me later and I'll get his ip from the logs and ban him if the demo looks fishy enough Very Happy

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
NEW PATCH IS OUT!

Code:
You spoke - we listened!

Due to the overwhelming feedback to some errors (and just some things to tweak), Coroner has quickly pumped out a new CQB 0.221 alpha patch!

Included in this patch:

* Fixed random spawn point selection, now select spawnpoint farthest from all enemies
    * Shotguns no longer clear lean ability
    * Fixed erratic overly fast sprint (about 29% too fast), now it is TCE 049b sprinting speed (between Arma2 and Insurgency)
    * Increased sprint acceleration
    * Increased standard (run) speed by 10% (now comparable to Americas Army 3)
    * Fixed shared ammo between Uzi and Glock
    * Fixed lighting origin for first person gun
    * Changed reference aspect ratio for fov to 16:10 resulting in larger fov's for 4:3 mode
    * Added ability to moderately adjust fov (cg_fovMode 0, 1, 2): 70, 75 (default), 80 @16:10 (requires respawn to take effect)
    * Added fov adjustment to UI
    * Removed some references to TC:Elite from UI
    * Fixed dead client issues with team name display and compass
    * Removed bendable ability and enabled leaning for all players
    * Removed high-grade ammo and pain killer without replacement
    * Tweaked PPMM turning speeds for more consistency, now always 480 degs/sec (120 for prone) in the frontal +- 60 degs
    * Increased PPMM turning speed by 10%, 7% for crouch, unchanged for prone
    * Fixed missing world models and/or skins for SPAS 12, M3S90, SG-552+Eotech, Glock 18

With this patch, you no longer need the hotfix (the hotfix is included in 0.221) so all you need to run this is CQB 0.22 (and ET of course)

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE!
http://www.truecombatelite.com/tce.php?page=downloads

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
about to test it... anyone playing right now?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
Second quick patch coming soon, small message from coroner:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I have to confirm that there is still a serious issue with the spawning which I didn't cover so far with my test cases. I will hunt that one down tonight.

Sorry for that.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
d3im0s
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
True Combat: CQB = dead birth.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hmm, I like it. Hard to judge it without a few more maps, but I think it's quite good. Let him patch it a little more and see what comes out.

I managed to crash the game today for the first time. I was going downstairs holding the beretta and jumped into the handrails. I could not move then and the picture was flickering violently. I could shoot or rather hear my own shots, but the screen did not show the weapon shooting and the remaining ammo did not update. I could exit the game, pressing escape. The menu popped up as usual, but the rest of the screen turned black.

Finally online: TriffiD's Astronomy Page
Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
considering it's an alpha version it is O.K. but does not provide a good and enduring gaming experience yet. a first beta with more maps, obj mode and fixed spawns for bc might deliver that, but we'll see. i think in general the map design will be very important. the one it's got now is shit imho...

Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
New post from coroner:
He has fixed the spawning, and new version will be released this evening.
I'll let you know when its out.
Very Happy

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blueberry
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
i really like that he actually is doing this babystep policy now (he announced that for 0.49 and NOTHING happened at all). it also seems like he is listening to the community this time. thumbs up for that.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
New post was posted by coroner less than 5 minutes ago:
Quote:
I hope I've busted the erratic spawn behavior finally. I really hope so. All my extended inhouse test are fine now. What I really like is the new death effect which lets the first person view tumble and fades the vision. Not much more then in other modern games but much improved over the previous third person view after death.

Another issue I have addressed is that distant fire sounds were not transmitted when they were not in the PVS of the player. Thus sometimes sounds from the inside of buildings or from the other side of a building were not audible that would for sure be audible IRL. This created a lack of battle awareness, cause a corner of the map could be silent with a huge fire fight on the other side of a building.

I've passed the new 0.222 patch to Diane.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bionic Commando

Post Reply with quote
Here it is, the third patch:
Sadly few new bugs (minor, but still) are now present.
All round much better now.

Code:
Coroner has been hard at work rectifying the spawn issue. The result? A nice new patch for you all to play with.

Read what's changed below.

Alpha 0.222 4/10/2011:

* Finally fixed spawn point selection
    * Improved body removal
    * Fixed edge of blood screen shader visible at wide fov setting
    * Added first person death animation and effect (no more jumping to third person after death)
    * Increased more sprint bobbing
    * Increased footstep noise during sprint by 3 dB
    * Slightly lowered weapon sounds to avoid clipping
    * Increased bullet flyby and body impact sounds
    * Improved handling of audio events, fire sounds are now transmitted to clients independent of PVS

As with the last patch, you only need 0.22 to run this - so let this overwrite your files!

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE!!!!
http://www.truecombatelite.com/tce.php?page=downloads

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote
this just bullshit... I cant even run a test server because of invalid pak files... he should go fuck himself properly
and sry the ui sucks... it was ok for tce but now its just not appropriate anymore

Last edited by SauBaer on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Games & More All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: