teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
E10

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Off-Topic View previous topic
View next topic
E10
Bionic Commando

Post E10 Reply with quote
Lets talk about fuel, or petrol/gasoline in this case.

You germans have this E10 now right? At least in some stations?
What about France/UK? You have that shit?
Are you using it? Why? Is it cheaper? How much?

What is hi-octane called in Germany? Super? Super+?
Is it 89 or 88 octane or even lower (in MON, not interested in useless RON-numbers)?

I have tried now my first two tanks of E10, and I have to say that my car takes more than 1,5 liters more per 100 km's, way too much and the torque on low rpms is (if possible) even worse.

In here E10 (95RON, 85MON) is about 4 cents cheaper than the old E5 (98RON, 87-88MON) per litre, so using that shit isn't worth it, 'cause my Renault takes something like 10l/100km or more (only driving in city, cold weather and small distances).

Tomorrow I will get that hi octane, not wasting my money anymore. Some people with even older cars than mine have been pleased, but I guess French car doesn't like it, simple as that.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
rudi

Post Reply with quote
Normal: min. 91 0 ROZ / 82 5 MOZ
Super: min. 95 0 ROZ / 85 0 MOZ
SuperPlus: min. 98 0 ROZ / 88 0 MOZ

and i have read with E10 you need 5% more petrol on 100km. It is few cent cheaper as SuperPlus but not as Normal and Super. At the moment I using Super but in few month, you get only SuperPlus or E10 Sad
Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
SauBaer

Post Reply with quote
I didnt even fill up E10 once. I use 98 (Super+) now and somehow its doesnt go down the drain as fast as that 95 crap I filled before. Sadly the prices in germany are sky-rocketing right now... Sad
They are telling bullshit, 5% is the lowest loss on power calculated only by the fuel itself. What they dont tell you, that most cars are not adapting themselves to E10 engine management-wise.
(Normally you should increase the fuel amount in the chamber when you lean out the petrol amount in the fuel composition, but the fuel computers are mainly adjusted for E05 since maybe 1995 and for E00 for earlier cars, resulting in a leaner A/F ratio and thus in power/torque loss)

One thing I´d really like to see right now, is someone geting up on a dyno and testing WHP and engine spin up time for every fuel grade. Then draining the tank, filling up a measured amount of fuel and watching how many km result. Should at least give some constructive data.
Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:12 am View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
SauBaer wrote:
I didnt even fill up E10 once. I use 98 (Super+) now and somehow its doesnt go down the drain as fast as that 95 crap I filled before. Sadly the prices in germany are sky-rocketing right now... Sad
They are telling bullshit, 5% is the lowest loss on power calculated only by the fuel itself. What they dont tell you, that most cars are not adapting themselves to E10 engine management-wise.
(Normally you should increase the fuel amount in the chamber when you lean out the petrol amount in the fuel composition, but the fuel computers are mainly adjusted for E05 since maybe 1995 and for E00 for earlier cars, resulting in a leaner A/F ratio and thus in power/torque loss)

One thing I´d really like to see right now, is someone geting up on a dyno and testing WHP and engine spin up time for every fuel grade. Then draining the tank, filling up a measured amount of fuel and watching how many km result. Should at least give some constructive data.

Am I cool now? Evil or Very Mad

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Off-Topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: