TriffiD took a picture... ten years after

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Off-Topic View previous topic
View next topic
TriffiD took a picture... ten years after
TriffiD
Site Admin

Post TriffiD took a picture... ten years after Reply with quote
Hi guys!

Remember when I postet my first astronomical image, almost 10 years ago? Probably not.
Since then I kept working on my skills, added stuff to my equipment and even built my own garden-observatory.
A few days ago I finished my latest project. I don't know if anyone is still around to see this, but I wanted to show you the difference ten years make in astrophotography.

This is Melotte 15 in the center of the "Heart Nebula":

The bigger stars that form the loose cluster on the right are true Gonzos! Hot, young and emitting violent winds that shred the sourrounding nebulae to pieces. Razz
This image was taken on two nights with narroband-filters. So theese are not exactly natural colors but resemble the distribution of ionized Hydrogen, Oygen and Sulphur. However you would recognize the structure in visible light, too.

The image of M33 in my post from 10 years ago was my first deep sky image. This one here marks the goal I had in mind back then.

Greetings to all of you smellies still out there. Hope you are all well and in good health!
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:16 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » Off-Topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: