teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Enemy-Territory goes to OPEN-TCE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Enemy-Territory goes to OPEN-TCE
test-dr

Post Enemy-Territory goes to OPEN-TCE Reply with quote
lol - the final name is still not found -
but the goal is to make a mod like tce (= more realistic shooting, movement, object-oriented gameplay, group-tactics, modern weapons, etc.)
-
on tce-force.com are threads about programming, moding and now on the first page of their web 2 big pictures.
-
and here is a 2player video, last version from yesterday:

file et-test1.avi (1542 KB) is now online.
Your Download-Link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/23284969/et-test1.avi.html

the resolution is only 320x240 to keep it small, but if i make it bigger you can read the last sentence on screen:

You killed gonzo|test-dr

only testing .... --- damn, another uncovered bug
Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:29 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
dirtyjacky
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
i can not watch the vid test. is there a special codec? and: yes! i am using the VLC player already... Confused

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:21 am View user's profile Send private message
KillerMaster

Post Reply with quote
dirtyjacky wrote:
yes! i am using the VLC player already... Confused

Dirty, I have VLC, too and it works.

You can sit next time beside me on Railhouse when i am camping... so i will have enough time to explain you!

Last edited by KillerMaster on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:24 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
test-dr

Post i am doing a lot of shooting training .... Reply with quote
thats the reason, where i am spending most time at the moment - its a lot of shooting training - but more on the code-level base

for those who dont know: thats
OTC 6

enemy-territory - Open Tactical Combat 2006

and the shooting lines are the training,
middle row = standing, duck, prone in aimed/non-aimed weapon
left/right = same but in leaned mode (to shoot around corners)

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:38 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Fu*Lou

Post Reply with quote
nice that very good idea
et smels fresh now
Cool

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:00 am View user's profile Send private message
test-dr

Post more coding , less playing Reply with quote
news form OTC-6;
and the reason, why i am less playing ...

--- PART-1 -----------------
Model texturing and md3-generate with blender, gimp for OTC6.

You have your wireframe model done, whats next?
Model is loaded and shown in blender

Split your window for easier view in two halfes and
change the second one to "UV/Image Editor" (->pull-down menu at the left side or per hotkey? shift-F10)
The UV/Image-Editor window shows a grey square table.

Activate Mode "UV-Face-Select" (->in Object-menu)
select one face(maybe only triangle) with RMB (right-mouse-button) and it should be drawn in light-red. At the same time you should see, there is happening something in the right UV/Image-Editor-Window.

Now press key A to deselect the highlighted surface and then press key A again and now the whole object gets painted in light-red, with the main-face, the one you selected first. The main face is always drawn with coloured margins - red, green, yellow - and you will see these colours at the triangle in the UV/Image-Editor-Window. Thats the flat representation of the
main-face(triangle).

If the object is not very difficult, you might select each triangle after another and rearrange it on the grey table of the UV-Window (grab, move, scale, rotate).
But for easier painting, you should try the different modes. The favourite one is the "LSCM Unwrap". You find it in the "Buttons Window"->Texture face at the top.
If you have for all model-faces the 2D-flats in the UV/Image-Window you can save this image with the drawn outlines of the surfaces to a graphics-file(tga). This is the blueprint for your drawing.

Use UVs->Save UV Face Layout, and select NOT a size of 500. We need a multiply of 2, thats 256, 512, 1024 - normal smaller objects only need 256 width x height. Normaly your mesh is still selected and you dont need to select it again. Press "EXPORT" - and now, where is it? The file is saved in the actual directory - normaly where you are working and gets a name like "name-of-the-mesh".tga(if you pressed the Ob button, if in doubt, enter the filename to use) - so again, dont forget all objects should have a name. Check the entrys of your directory and fire up gimp. We will do some drawings like little kids.
Gimp has a nice option to use different layers. You put the blueprint-image on a lower layer, put an empty one over it and
start drawing. If finished, save only the coloured layer or you will have the dotted margins too on your model (you should give this a try for looking at some comic-like texture).
Back in blender, you load this painted picture in the UV/Image Window -> Image->load. Find how to enable the drawing in the
3D-Window (is the "TexFace" opton in Material(panel->shading-material F5)).

Then export your object into md3-format. Check the names, mostly the names for the texture files: *.tga and try it.

For the md3-export i had to modify the python-export-script, it did not want any tags in the file(you see this is still work in progress ...). But you still dont need to try it in OTC if the lookout in blender is more like a plastic-toy-model.

What you see on the pic. is blender and some first trys to texture a deagle (thanx to name) and the hand holding it. Its the 3D-window from blender with the joined UV/Image Editor Window - and next is the blueprint of the deagle bevore it was coulorized - and below this - the md3-file in the game. And you see - i am no artist, cause the edges are more to see than without the
color.

and without texture or if your texture-pic cannot be find from the engine and you try it in the OTC-mod:

Urgent! Read it, even if not using blender - or buy a good book about modeling and using textures.

blender doc:
http://www.blender.org/cms/Documentation.628.0.html

special for uv-editor and faceselect:
http://download.blender.org/documentation/htmlI/ch11s05.html

---- PART2 -----

Like its easy to see, the pistol looks like a wooden-child-toy. If you only wanna make something like toy-story, this is one way ...
What is the big difference, whats lost compared to the more realistic looking et-models?

I did only take the blueprint from blender and colored it. You should expand the et-pak0.pk3 and search for all graphics *.tga and have a look at them.
You notice soon, most of them are drawn like glas-pictures. Load one in your graphics-paint-programm and put a layer below it, fill this layer with one color(yellow, red, ..) and switch it on and off. The color will shine through the upper pic and will dramatically enhance the lookout.
What i did first, i draw a solid pic. To show quickly the difference here are renderings of the weapon with the colt_yd.tga from et as texture. You see it does not fit at the right places, but even without this, the difference is easy to see. Look at all the et-textures, they are drawn in "darker colors", thats one point - and they are always drawn a bit transparent.

blender-edit:

sorry - pls. compare with the picture of blender below, when i did the screenshot, i had not enabled the blueprint-margins to show that the parts of the texture are not at the right positions. It uses the same layout like in the color-toony version below and you can see it in the rendered pic, the image of the trigger is at the gun-barrel.
and the rendered weapon:

you see, i have to use a lot of light, thats why the hand with glove is no more brown, its looking white with all this light. But thats how the models are lighted in OTC (enemy-territory engine) and why we have to use a lot darker colors than viewed in the painting programm(here i used gimp).
here are the fancy, watercolored examples:

rendered version:

you see, if the model dont look good in the modeler, it never will look good in OTC and you have to use darker colors, except you wanna have some toon-stylish models.

----- first end part2 -------------------------------

Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Major_Hoe

Post Thats some amazing work test Reply with quote
Nice very nice I would love to help but im just a 3D Max Super Noob.

Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
hey major, you dont need to have special knowledge, this otc6 thing is more than i thought before. Its not only coding in C, not only writing scripts, not only making animations, not only designing maps, not only building models, not only colouring models, maps, not only designing sounds, not only testing and checking over and over again what may suited or not. If you are using 3D-Max, the question is only: what do you wanna do with this?
-

for example, the last days i spent the most time in enhancing the blender-import/export plugin to read/write the enemy-territory md3-model-files including the textures.

-
one easy (realy not so easy) gaming problem: tce(test) does limit the movement speed if the user has aimed the weapon. At the moment we did not limit it, but switch automatical away the aimed weapon it the player moves to fast. If someone is used the moves from tce(test) - he will cry out loud first, or he knows how to use the WALK(capslock most times)Button - a feature most tce(test) players use very rarely .... - maybe we will even put it as a option the map+game-script designer can activate to ease player-movements ...
-
i hope we will have the first version with the windows-engine running at the weekend (at the moment only the linux-port is available).

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:42 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
KillerMaster

Post Reply with quote
Shocked Test can do all thnings... nice !
Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MONTANA

Post Reply with quote
sry something in german...

@test:
weiss nicht was ihr da treibt..wird schon richtig sein..ich für meinen teil würde dich gern mal wieder im teamspeak begrüssen..die jungens brauchen ab und an ein wenig väterlichen bestand...viel spass weiterhin und macht hine...es geht mir nicht darum wann diese "testdustundandere-sache" fertig ist...bis dahin lass es dir gut gehen und nicht die frauen vernachlässigen...kann nicht alle trösten.. Laughing

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:04 am View user's profile Send private message
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
lol .... as times go by ..
was in ts yesterday evening, heavy battle with fatboys on gonzo-playground. Killermaster did a nice job and there was too the major, dirty and me myself. Sorry if i do miss one, cause in ts it was very lonely ... dirty.

btw. could it be time for the major to skip the "trial" addon?

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
one other step ..
a new video ...showing the closeup to tce

otc6-tower.avi ca. 20mb incl. sound
tc6-tower.avi (19623 KB) is now online.

Your Download-Link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/27191834/otc6-tower.avi.html

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:25 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
d3im0s
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
cant watch the video again...not with media player and not with divx,.....why cant u just do an ORDINARY codec....I hate downloading a hundred players in order to watch one single video... Crying or Very sad

Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:14 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TargetDrone

Post Reply with quote
cant watch it either only hear your sounds lol
Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
sorry ... cannot use an wma or such things, its an ordinary 2 year old mpeg4-codec ... .. ask microsoft why .. --- i am not using windows to test such things, sorry.. .

but dont worry .... no boobs .. or other things in this video ...

Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:42 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: