teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Poll: 0.49 or 0.48?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Poll: 0.49 or 0.48?

is the new version disappointing?
no, 0.49 is absolutly great!
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
i`ll stay at 0.48 for the first, coz 0.49 is crap!
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
i try to use both versions ;)
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

Spliffy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yeah I like the wobbly sights....adds once more to the realism.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
FishFace wrote:
....Overall, I think 0.49 is good. Not perfect by a long way, but most of my complaints are minor/fixable.

WORD Exclamation

lets start to train for wars asap

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
HEINI

Post Reply with quote
I am not really a friend of the new version. Think about playing wars on this maps... Not possible to play 5 vs 5, because there are to many ways to defend. Another prob is, that some maps are too dark and you cannot see if it's an enemy or friendly player.
To do some little round rushing and so on it's ok, but graphics isn't the main reason to play 0.49.

I voted for: we need both versions. So we should think about with [TN] how to solve this problem.
Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:45 am View user's profile Send private message
Spliffy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Heini,

http://teamgonzo.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=508

What do you think?

I think it could open new doors in multi squad based tactical combat.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:28 am View user's profile Send private message
yankees26

Post Reply with quote
I'm just gonna assume that link is protected Razz, considering it tells me it doesn't exist Razz

But anyway..

I too like the wobbly sites a lot. It's amusing to be defusing and randomly your pistol starts circling and stuff. Laughing
Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:10 am View user's profile Send private message
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
yep -- this link is in the private clan-section - its about playing bigger clan-wars (2clans vs. 2clans) or if a clan is big enough and has more squads they may get enough players.

bad news, i cannot find a way to run both versions 48/49 in the same enemy-territory install -- if have to use 2 total seperate installs - and!!! good job of the neelix-gonzo-server-admins, the naming of the servers with 49-xxx at the front is very important to find them and if you run the old version not to connect to these. --- by the way if you use a server-browse tool like qstat, all-seeing-eye?, ... it should be possible to search for 49 servers with a filter-setting: tce_version=Beta 0.490 PUB 13-09-2006 (Hardballer)
while 0.48 server-versions should show:
tce_version=Beta 0.4 Build 8 PUB 22-02-2005

to avoid the connect to the wrong version and the automated downloading ...
by the way .. because there are no new maps for tce-49 at the moment you should consider to disable the options-game settings for downloading/updates in your local version.

only testing .... --- damn, another uncovered bug
Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:41 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Rafty

Post Re: Poll: 0.49 or 0.48? Reply with quote
Rafty wrote:
[b].....playing a match could be too difficult on that maps Wink....

i think the league will go to 049, so lets start to exercise Wink

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
FishFace

Post Reply with quote
I don't think I'm going to go back to 048, simply because I can't be bothered with fiddling around with two installs. On linux, incidentally, it should be possible to hardlink all the enemy-territory files together in two different directories, then use different TC:Es.

This is possible on all unix filesystems, not sure whether you can do it from in windows, though.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
hey fishface, in windows try a new user (enable it for login) and make a complete install in the new users area - try it for the 48-version, cause the size is smaller and it should be easy to setup the complete enemy-territory in the extra user-space.

if not .... maybe switch to .. linux .. Smile
or have a second operation-system install ...

only testing .... --- damn, another uncovered bug
Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:30 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
yankees26

Post Reply with quote
I have TCE on Windows and I think Rafty is right, that renaming the folders would work because to install .49 I just renamed tcetest to tcetest48 and put in .49s tcetest folder. Then clicked the tce shortcut and it worked.

I might try getting it on linux though, because I just found a PKGBUILD for arch linux for TCE Very Happy But if I get xgl/beryl working then it won't be on linux 'cause Xgl and opengl = BAD opengl
Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:57 am View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
yankees26 wrote:
I have TCE on Windows and I think Rafty is right, that renaming the folders would work because to install .49 I just renamed tcetest to tcetest48 and put in .49s tcetest folder. Then clicked the tce shortcut and it worked.

I might try getting it on linux though, because I just found a PKGBUILD for arch linux for TCE Very Happy But if I get xgl/beryl working then it won't be on linux 'cause Xgl and opengl = BAD opengl

I've only cut Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory in the other part of my HDD! And I installed Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory in my other HDD and instelled the new version v.49. It works, too, and I think it is better. You have two GUID-numbers then Twisted Evil

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
FishFace

Post Reply with quote
test-dr wrote:
hey fishface, in windows try a new user (enable it for login) and make a complete install in the new users area - try it for the 48-version, cause the size is smaller and it should be easy to setup the complete enemy-territory in the extra user-space.

if not .... maybe switch to .. linux .. Smile
or have a second operation-system install ...

Nah, I use linux for TC:E (that's one of the main attractions of the game that got me interested - linux version!)

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
owners of widescreen monitors have an advantage:!:

damn widescreen bug isn`t a bug, it`s wanted. look at liquids answer Wink

http://truecombat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5248&sid=afa7e84358de5f9bb5afc8e3b9e94715

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:14 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
I only can say this shit:
Quote:
NOOOOOOBZ
Twisted Evil

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
MONTANA

Post Reply with quote
played bc first for nearly 2 h...fun fun fun...dunno about all this :

" it should be possible to search for 49 servers with a filter-setting: tce_version=Beta 0.490 PUB 13-09-2006 "

or

" I might try getting it on linux though, because I just found a PKGBUILD for arch linux for TCE But if I get xgl/beryl working then it won't be on linux 'cause Xgl and opengl = BAD opengl "

but its new, variable,......., simple another game.
same to HEINIs opinion...ill try out obj after that ill go back to 0.48 or OTC.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: