teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
wait

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite View previous topic
View next topic
wait
zewuchto

Post wait Reply with quote
hy gonzos i have no fun to play tce i wait at first of a patch to change the cinema optics i hate the black timber on my screen
if have anyone some idea please post it in here thx Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gonzo|bull
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
letterbox will not be changed to 99%.

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
theres a way to make the black bars smaller but the game looks ugly then. play more and fun returns Twisted Evil

btw: i think they will keep that "cinema look". damn i hate it too Crying or Very sad

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
d3im0s
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
there is no single fucking reason why they should keep this crap.....

most of the players have no widescreen....

I've never seen ANY multiplayer shooter which gives the players such a "handicap" by limiting his sight......

that's no basic for "professional" gaming.....If TCE reamins like it'll never have a chance to develope in the online gaming scene....

instead of bugfixing and advancing the game the developers sat on their asses for 2 years and just worked on nice graphics.....which shouldn't have taken more than 3 months for them....a lot of the gameplay has changed and has become a copy of other shooters (e.g. the grenade handling reminds of counterstrike Exclamation)

but: yeeeeha u can BUY t-shirts and merchandising stuff now.....ROFL....great.....that's what the community was waiting for....

whatever.....see how things go on....

btw: I have not so much fun playing the game too...the old "addictance" is completely gone....so I can understand goose...

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:58 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
d3im0s wrote:

but: yeeeeha u can BUY t-shirts and merchandising stuff now.....ROFL....great.....that's what the community was waiting for....

made my gonzo shirt for 3 bucks. i can make a gonzo pyjama for 5 bucks...

truecombat forum is full of letterbox/widescreen nagging. but i think they have to reprogramm the whole game to go back to 4:3 Evil or Very Mad

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:43 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
zewuchto

Post m Reply with quote
yes i want thw gonzo pyjama for the coldy rainy winterdays
but only in pink

next week i go in 2. hand shop and i bye me a 19 zoll monitor then it´s big enough
Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:26 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
Rafty wrote:
theres a way to make the black bars smaller but the game looks ugly then. play more and fun returns Twisted Evil

btw: i think they will keep that "cinema look". damn i hate it too Crying or Very sad

Yes. It's ugly then, but if you play 0.48 now it will be the same. It is a question of habit. Then put you V-size (V-Größe) higher. But play a little bit more.. Rolling Eyes

P.S.: Admittedly this decision was not right, but you must compensate with this letterbox now.

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rafty

Post Re: m Reply with quote
zewuchto wrote:
yes i want thw gonzo pyjama for the coldy rainy winterdays
but only in pink

next week i go in 2. hand shop and i bye me a 19 zoll monitor then it´s big enough

sorry, but pink is out, coz all gonzos wanted pink Laughing Twisted Evil

you can buy a 30" monitor but it will be the same. widescreen is widescreen... and if you have no widescreen display you have to use the crappy letterbox. letterbox nearly means: press that shit till it fits on a normal display that 90% of all players around the world are using. the worst (not wurst btw) disadvantage is that you see your enemy very thin and that you have probs to walk through doors or small ways...

Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
yep ... the letterbox style should be only doomed with a small monitor. If you ever think about to buy a new one, if its a 19zoll TFT or around 20/21zoll CRT-Monitor, is does not harm too much. Compared with 0.48 the letterbox-style view is limited, special in aimed-mode, which gives more a feeling like playing with limited view up/down. But there are a lot more things in the game, which i wanna see fixed for the next update.

1. the new sizes (maps, models, players enlarged) give more details but it looks they did not care about the fog-of-distance. You can only look within a shorter range, special noticed with snipers. I bet no one did really play the maps before.

2. the easy to spot faults(bugs) in map-design: plant-bounding-box, spawn-areas, capture-the-flag-positions, player-bounding-box, player-invulnerability in some move-states, weapon-misplacement-on-aim .. makes me think again, no one did really play this version before.
(btw. range of knife seems to be shorter ... or player-bounding-box too small, because it happens more often to me shooting at feet, arms and making no hits -- looks like one can only hit a player in the door from the front not from a side-position, although the player is easy to see including head)

3. ignorance of upcoming problems within the older 0.48 version about the blocking/freeze during shootouts is now obvious to nearly all players. And its not a problem of the sound-settings, the dis/enable of wallmarks, kind of cpu-type ... - if i have some time to test with more memory and it happens too - same thing: no one did really play the new version before.

4. easy to implement features are still missed: no counting of number of headshots - this is the most needed thing to easy spot cheaters!

5. like said several times before: no one did really play this version before! Coding+Game-Design is nothing without a good gaming experience.

besides all this, one good point is, its still neat to play - different compared with 0.48, but who ever tried mods like etpub, jaymod and so on; you know it could have been a lot worser.

there might be a lot more to say .. but why? Its still enough.

only testing .... --- damn, another uncovered bug
Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:19 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TargetDrone

Post Reply with quote
yea, tce has become a bit boring, I play more EVE than tce now.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
end of letterbox discussion:

http://www.truecombatelite.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5439

well, nearly the half of my 4:3 display is unused because of the blackbars. for me the letterbox affects a game sight like presswurst...
but i`ll try to play the game on a friends widescreen display to see what happens Wink

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: