teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Connection bug: How to solve it!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Connection bug: How to solve it!!!
Rafty

Post Connection bug: How to solve it!!! Reply with quote
apologet wrote:
[ Its just a TCE/PB BUG 2006/10/16 - 01:01 ]

There is just another TCE or PB bug to make it impossible to connect to a game server.
So we are not under attack. So please report us these problems and we will try to fix that problem. We know some tricks how to fix it, but for that we need an admin online.
To avoid these problems in the future, we will try to reproduce this bug and will start another test week/month in the near future.
Stay tuned!

Written by Apologet

it`s pb, coz the last update (ver. 1.279) came out a few days ago. client update doesn`t solve it. console: "Punkbuster Client: Failed to resolve etguidauth.evenbalance.com".

possible solution:
- open the file "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" in notepad
- add "192.246.40.62 etguidauth.evenbalance.com"
- save the file
- next delete the file "pbns.dat" from the C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\pb folder
- double click pbweb.exe located in the same folder
- connect to an ET/TC:E server, check the console for punkbuster relatet errors
- play the game!

good luck Exclamation Twisted Evil

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
gonzo|bull
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
aaaaaalter du bist son pro rafty!!

EH GO FOR GOLD RAFTY!!

RAFTY VOR NOCH EIN TOR!!

OLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
yankees26

Post Reply with quote
I wonder if this will solve the random times I don't connect because of something like PB INIT FAILURE (I think...it hasn't happened for a while).
Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
yankees26 wrote:
I wonder if this will solve the random times I don't connect because of something like PB INIT FAILURE (I think...it hasn't happened for a while).

what apo means is only this "awaiting connection" or "awaiting gamestate" problem that some ppl got since a few days.

pb init failure means that your pb is not working properly or maybe your connection is not stable. try to update pb manually.

Twisted Evil

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:05 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
next mysterious news: KillerMaster convinced me to try:
/snaps 40
and my in-game-ping-value in tce-0.49 dropped from 120 to below 100 at once. Arrrgh .. wonder how much more design-flaws are introduced.

only testing .... --- damn, another uncovered bug
Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:36 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
thats what i told here: http://teamgonzo.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=401 Wink

Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
Twisted Evil Nice, Rafty. Our pro-developer Cool

My ping was around 90/95 and now I've one of 60/65, too. It's better to snap a little bit higher than the normal attitude. Rolling Eyes

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
yep - Rafty, that link is right! I did read it already .. but it was not you who told me in ts ... "jetzt gleich eingeben" ....

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:54 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
thats the second way to change the settings Wink

don`t forget the "cl_maxpackets" setting. it can be used for connection bandwidth related problems (for those with low upload bandwidth). Wink

if i edit my setting i edit that config file directly. and i make allways a fresh backup of the actual working config.

btw: dieters old P3 800mhz puter is now history, coz he was pissed to play at 640*480, lowest settings and 45 fps maximum. we spended 35 bucks for a amd duron 1000mhz on a K7S5A board. the remainig components are 512 mb of ram and the other stuff. well, i must say this old duron rocks! with the settings i suggested he can play at 800*600, with good looking graphics at 85 FPS maximum and acceptable loading times without kicks or any errors! Wink

Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
FishFace

Post Reply with quote
I can't get acceptable loading times at all... I am always last to join when the map changes Sad

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
FishFace wrote:
I can't get acceptable loading times at all... I am always last to join when the map changes Sad

And I'm all the time, or very often, the first on the map Wink
Rolling Eyes

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
loading time: you need a minimum of 512MB ram .. free without other running things ...like i already told, if loading a new map on mapcycle lasts around 6-8(10?) seconds - a computer with 1024MB needs nearly half the time. The slowest part is always a load from the harddisk, have a look at your (red?) harddisk-activity led and you will know where the most time is lost.
Old harddisks with only around 15MB/sec, newer ones around 25MB/sec and quick new ones with over 40MB/sec will help a bit to reduce the loading time - but thats nothing compared with 1GB memory (1000MB/sec) and nearly no need to load things from the harddisk. Avoid loading from harddisk with enough main-memory can be 10x, 20x times faster!

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:37 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
FishFace

Post Reply with quote
But when loading the map, all of that data on the harddisk needs to be shoved into memory... so even with lots of memory, the harddisk would be the bottleneck, right?

I have 512MB of RAM total, but it's difficult to tell how much is used at any one time since linux shows memory that was used but isn't any more, it seems. I could buy a couple of 512MB sticks and see if it helps I suppose Razz

Not sure how fast my HDD is, but it shouldn't be slow.

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
you need to
- set the hunkMegs to 256
- defrag your harddisk
- end all prozesses and progs running before playing

maybe thats enough Wink

Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
l use linux with 512mb and at map-change i am not the first - and not the last one. But i use a small windowmanager (icewm) not a big one like kde. And i start it in a seperate lonely x11-server (for switching if i really need to look at ts or fire up a browser).

free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 515520 116392 399128 0 5532 53468
-/+ buffers/cache: 57392 458128
Swap: 248968 62964

and after tcetest start in the map:
free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 515520 509832 5688 0 3084 75592
-/+ buffers/cache: 431156 84364
Swap: 248968 233900 15068

and its about 20 secs loading on map-change ..
compare with your settings or look for the top list with detailed memory-consume-display ... sort it for memory-usage

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:56 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: