teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
pings, speed - WinXP Users pls. not without service-pack+fw

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite View previous topic
View next topic
pings, speed - WinXP Users pls. not without service-pack+fw
test-dr

Post pings, speed - WinXP Users pls. not without service-pack+fw Reply with quote
ok - one try for all to compare with timing-probs to tce-gonzo-playground server

these are the measures from my linux-box - and i do a "ping" with only 3 packets to different locations:

the ip-numbers are for the -eclipse-tce-server and the last one for the gonzo-tce-server.

for i in www.arcor.de www.heise.de 85.14.216.56 www.tce-force.com 81.209.167.116; do ping -c3 $i; done | grep "statistics\|mdev"
--- www.arcor-online.net ping statistics ---
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 51.303/52.880/54.841/1.481 ms
--- www.heise.de ping statistics ---
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 58.138/58.863/59.284/0.586 ms
--- 85.14.216.56 ping statistics ---
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 56.291/56.407/56.622/0.152 ms
--- www.tce-force.com ping statistics ---
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 57.843/59.151/60.474/1.110 ms
--- 81.209.167.116 ping statistics ---
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 59.182/392.753/1059.071/471.158 ms

for Windows you should use: "ping -n3 destination-address" or without "-n3" and it should stop after 4 pings (one more than i use, for my test..)
The pings above were done in the morning (7 to 8 oclock) and i only have a small dsl-line (dsl-1000, down= 128kB, up=16kB) and im very far away from the collocation-center (hey, living in the country...) - so people 600-700 meters away from me cant get dsl(have to live with isdn). A traceroute shows the biggest delay is the first hop, around 50ms to 60ms. It may be, if fastpath is available for my connection, the delay could be cut down by 10-15ms. Same if i would try to enlarge my connection to dsl-3000, ... or sdsl - but thats a question of payment .... :-][

Im shure (i did see it often) if i try these pings in the evening, they are a lot worser (20-30ms), highnoon for all internet-surfers? But this does not explain the lagging of the server - but yesterday, after 20:oo there was no such periodical lagging - ?

and now for all Windows-Users, pls. not without service-pack2 (and additional updates?) and enable the builtin-firewall - it gives you (most times) a warning if any program (you never think about, what some are doing) tries to make a internet-connect, without your advise.

Another problem, always try to disconnect from the tce-server during the match - dont disconnect during map-changes and warm-up-time. Why? The server dont realize (paket-lost) the disconnect-paket and pushes a lot of pakets to the "lost"-connection, and cause the server gets no answer, it pushes more and more out - i have seen 4-6kB incoming and if i dont do a restart of tce and reconnect to the server, this lasts 1-2 minutes. This problem is not special for the gonzo-tce-server. I have seen it month before for example on the tce-force-server. But it could be, if some player-connect drops (ping 999) with a lot people playing and teamspeak and .... this makes the big lag-probs. A few days ago, during such a lag-period, my teamspeak-connection dropped, while with some lagging the tce-gonzo-connect worked on. Like Raftys good hints for client-tweaks, there are a few server-settings for/against low-pings, but i have no experiences about about this settings - did only run a server for my own and with my internet-connection it was only possible for 2-3 people to connect to start the lagging.

ps. Why i wait for the "final" tce-version? - I wanna be shure i can play it on my linux-box, cause i wont switch to XP - and i hope, i wont have to upgrade my hardware...... because i dont upgrade for any game, i do an upgrade if its affordable for me. Hehe - bought DOOM3 and had it sitting in my book-shelf for over 5 month, because my old computer only made 15fps.
Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:07 pm
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
wow you spended much time Shocked

this thing with that "hops" i saw in this old post (http://forum.webhostlist.de/show/erfahrungen-mit-anbietern/33649-firsthop-und-mein-kampf.html)
looks like a server sided hardware problem.

last days we noticed the following:
- lags on differnt servers
- many 999 pingers on differnt servers
- more pb error messages and kicks like before
- espacially on our server: the pings of one team are higher than the pings of the other team...

maybe it`s a pb thing?!
Twisted Evil

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
gonzo|bull
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I did not read that all but I think perhaps this is a topic that has to be discuss in the TrueCombat Forum.

I mean the official one.
Exclamation Question
Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
KillerMaster

Post Reply with quote
nice pic bull xD
Sat May 27, 2006 12:30 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spliffy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You still alive Bull?

Cmon man get your puter sorted and come out to play!

Sat May 27, 2006 1:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: